Mon, 26 May 2025

Mon, 26 May 2025 HS2 investigating two firms supplying construction staff

The company building the high-speed rail line says it takes all whistleblower allegations seriously.

* HS2 Ltd is investigating allegations that two labour suppliers to the project were misclassifying staff and charging inflated rates.
* The investigation began earlier this year, but was only reported by the i newspaper on Monday.
* The firms being investigated provided workers to Balfour Beatty Vinci, one of HS2's contractors.
* One of the labour suppliers has been suspended from new contracts while inquiries continue.
* The Department for Transport says it will thoroughly investigate any claims of wrongdoing in HS2's supply chain.
* The government and HS2 have a "zero-tolerance attitude" towards fraud, bribery, and corruption.
* The police and HMRC are not believed to be involved in the investigation.
* Work on the HS2 project is ongoing, with over 75% of tunnelling complete for the London-Birmingham section.
  >>


Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Manage Cookies+ | Ad Choices | Accessibility & CC | About | Newsletters | Transcripts
Business News Top © 2024-2025