Mon, 21 Jul 2025
The government says "no credible offers" have been made to buy the Lincolnshire refinery.
* The UK government has announced that it will not find a buyer for the Lindsey Oil Refinery, which is set to shut down.
* 420 jobs are at risk after Prax Group's administration and the Official Receiver took over the refinery last month.
* Energy Minister Michael Shanks said no credible offers have been made to purchase the entire refinery.
* The government will provide training and support for affected workers to find new jobs in the clean energy sector.
* Local MP Martin Vickers called on the government to extend its support for the plant while more possible offers are considered.
* Unite union representatives expressed concerns about the impact of the closure on up to 1,000 jobs, including contractors and supply chain workers.
* The refinery is expected to wind down operations by October 31, with no redundancies of core workers confirmed before that date.
>>
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Manage Cookies+ | Ad Choices | Accessibility & CC | About | Newsletters | Transcripts
Business News Top © 2024-2025