Wed, 10 Sep 2025

Wed, 10 Sep 2025 Jaguar Land Rover admits hackers may have taken data

The car-maker previously said there was no evidence that customers information had been taken.
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) has admitted that hackers may have accessed some company data during a cyber-attack, forcing production to halt and workers to go home. The UK-based carmaker initially stated that no customer information was compromised, but now says some data has been affected without specifying who it belongs to. Plants in Solihull, Halewood, and Wolverhampton remain shut down, with production likely to resume on Thursday at the earliest. The attack is estimated to have halted production of around 1,000 vehicles per day worldwide. JLR had reported the incident to the UK's data watchdog, the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), last week. A group called Scattered Lapsus$ Hunters has claimed responsibility for the hack, which also targeted M&S earlier this year. According to experts, the real issue is not just about protecting customer data but also ensuring that JLR can continue operating and making cars. The company's IT systems were shut down in response to the attack, and restarting them safely is a complex process that requires assistance from organizations like GCHQ's National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC). The cyber-attack has had significant financial implications for JLR, with estimates suggesting losses of up to £5 million per day. The company is working around the clock to resolve the issue, but production remains at a standstill until further notice.
  >>


Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Manage Cookies+ | Ad Choices | Accessibility & CC | About | Newsletters | Transcripts
Business News Top © 2024-2025